Thursday, August 12, 2010

July 21 Wednesday Return Ministries

This is our second day at Return. This si Returns Papa. I LOVE this shot!!! My team member, Carrie took this. If I have this right ,he is Pastor Samuels Father and this is his home where the children of Return live. What a sweet man  and you could see that he was greatly respected!!!
Last night, I went to bed w/ a headache and this morning I woke up sick. We were suppose to be out of the Sophie Hotel so there was nowhere I could have stayed to rest. *sigh*We were going to Return  again and breaking up into groups and doing some organized activities. I was so disappointed that I was sick. I ended up sitting under a tent out of the sun. There was a little girl who came and sat by me while she colored in her new coloring book.It was so sweet. I was too weak to even take her pic. :0( A little boy came over to me . He was not content to just sit and color. He kept getting into my bags etc. I handled it well but seriously, I had no patience. He finally saw that I was no fun. I am sad to say that I was glad which led to me feeling pretty bad about it and then some tears. It was only day 2 and I was unable to serve and I do not know about you but there is only one place I want to be when I am sick and that is HOME!!! That caused some tears as well. Amen for sunglasses!! LOL Thankfully , I did not get sick again but I just felt lousy. I had the wonderful opportunity to have Daniel , Pastor Samuel's brother pray over me. It was such a blessing and probably the most beautiful prayer I have ever heard. To know my team was praying for me as well brought me great comfort!! Here are some other shots of our time spent at Return:
There, now you can see Cynthia!! She was the one who brought the body glitter. :0)
Here is Kevin. The one who reminded me of my brother. He always made me laugh!!!

This boy was up front w/ the group of children that sang and led us in worship the day before.He worshipped w/ such joy on his face. It was such a blessing to watch!!

I enjoyed this little guy so much!!  When I first saw him, I was drawn to him because he seemed so quiet,maybe even sad. Not to mention that he was just adorable. But, I have to say ,when the music would start, he reminded me of Jonah!!!! LOL He got right down out of whoevers lap he was sitting on  and he would get down and bust a move. Boy did he have some moves!!!!

Here is a another shot of the first little boy I took a picture of in Africa. He melts my heart!!!

This was such a fun memory. This was the first time I was able to see my teammate, Vit in action. When I think of Vit I think of alot of things but one thing I think of is a book by Dr. Seuss, Mr. Brown can Moo. :0) " Oh the wonderful things Mr. Brown can do. He can go like a cork .....Pop Pop Pop Pop. He can go like horse feet.... Klopp Klopp Klopp............Mr. Brown can do it. How about you??" Vit had such a way w/ the kids and he needed no props. He entertained just by using himself.He had many tricks up his sleeve. Just before I shot this, He was putting his hand and fingers up tohis chin and making a pop sound w/ his finger. The kids were amazed and laughing as they were trying. I feel so blessed to have spent time w/ him. I have never met a man w/ such a gentle spirit but yet so adventurous. He has jumped out of a plane 298 times. He wanted to get to 300 before our trip but he had to pack. LOL
Ok, this still makes me laugh right out loud!!!! After my time at Return being all sick, I was so greatful for this time of laughter. Hearing Marge's laughter made it so much more funnier because at first I was not sure if I should laugh or not. LOL My sweet friend, Sarah, was holding a little punkin and she fell asleep. All of the sudden, a warm feeling swept over Sarahs lap. Yep , you guessed it. The sweet little punkin wet herself and Sarah. Sarah decided that her bladder was emptied and would continue to sit loving on her and letting her sleep. Welll, the bladder was not empty after all and she wet on Sarah 2 more times. The third time it ran down Sarahs leg and into her shoe. LOLOL Now, that is what you call a servant!!!


Part of our group shared skits and songs w/ the kids. It was a great time with lotts of laughter!! I can't explain what it sounded like or felt like to sit and hear these childrens giggles!!!! Afterwards a dance party broke out!!! This time I was thanking Jesus for my big camera.I heard my team members saying." I can't believe I am dancing in Africa!!" i still was not trusting my stomach so I covered my face w/ the camera . ;0) I did have a good time watching.

I decided to end on this note.LOL This last picture is of our fearless leader Kari Gibson aka Mama Ki Ki. This is a picture of a servants heart. LOL Do you see the pain in her smile???



3 comments:

  1. Jennifer I love the photos! I am so sorry you didn't feel well....there is no place like your own bed when you're sick! Amen

    I love how you have shared a story with each photo. Ahhhh Sarah, you would do it again I know♥

    Thank you for sharing JJ....
    miss you!
    Man your hair is getting way long, I haven't seen you in FOREVER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Jen...so sorry you were sick! But hilarious about Sarah getting peed on 3 times-sorry, Sarah-"hilarious" is probably not the word I would use if it had been me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, Sooo!!! glad that you took that camera! Such wonderful pictures and wonderful memories for you. Sorry you were sick. Keep the pictures and commentary coming. Barb

    ReplyDelete