Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Shots of the Fling Part 1

 
If you plan it , they will come!!! If you make the sgetti , they will eat it!!! :0) We filled both the upstairs and the downstairs of the VFW. Who needs to sell tickets ahead of time!!! Isn't God good!!! If you obey , He will provide!!!
Mom and her friend Debbie working in the kitchen.So thankful to my Mom and all she did to make this dinner happen. Debbie was so sweet to spend her night in the kitchen helping!!
This is my friend Val and her kiddos Quinnten and Quersti. What a blessing !! These guys along w/ their friend Whitney and Vals husband , Billy  were such a huge help. They shut the place down w/ us as well!! Thank you , Thank you!! 
Here are some more of my kitchen helpers! There is my Mother in law, the one who made that beautiful quilt!!:0)That man of mine was busy all day!! Running errands, setting up and cleaning up. He has been so supportive ! Did you know that he is taking a whole week off to be Mr. Mom while I am gone?? :0) I love you Guy David and appreciate all you do for me!!
Hey Bartender!!! Good thing he wasn't in the kitchen!! LOL Thank you Papa!!
 Here is my sister in law, Michelle and my nephew Jackson. Shell spent the night putting together a scrapbook for me along w/ other things. I love it!!! Here are some other shots I was able to get during the short time I used my camera. Thanks to all who came, made donations,prayed for me, baked goodies  etc. etc. God was so good and used so many of you to bring about the success of this event!!
I am blessed w/ great friends and family!!! I wish I got shots of all of them.
I love this one as I remember back in the day ,my mom and Aunt Helen teaching me how to do the bump.
 
I really have seen Gods Hand  all over this event and my trip in so many ways and so many people have been so generous but I feel led to share a story in particular. Because it shows how His timing is perfect and that he truly loves us and cares about the details of our lives!! As I shared in my last post, I really did start to get a little stressed as I was spending money on this dinner that I did not have.  There was one day  that I was having a really bad day and even shed some tears as I was praying. That afternoon when I went to the mailbox there was a very generous check from my Aunt Mougie and Uncle Johnny w/ a note that let me know I could use it however I needed whether to help w/ the dinner or for the trip. I felt so loved  at that moment and so blessed!! How awesome that that check was used for both!!! I look forward to all that God has in store for me and all that God will do through me  as I continue to prepare and travel to Africa.

1 comment: