Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Africa in July

Thank you Nikki from Blogs for a Cause for helping me with this site!!! I wanted to have  a special place to share this journey. I love it!! For those who do not know, I will be going on a mission trip to Africa in July through Visiting Orphans. I still cannot believe it myself but I am so excited. Recently I started praying that the Lord would show me what he wanted me to do with all that is in my heart because I knew there was something. Oh how my heart breaks for the  children all around the world who do not have a home and a family to call their own.How, I would love to adopt but right now it looks as though that may not be in the plans.  So.... I pray. Soon after I started praying in this way I found out about this Crazy Missions Trip from a blog I follow and from talking to my friend Sarah. Right away I felt drawn and after some more prayer I felt called. This is a huge step for me and so out of my comfort zone so I cannot believe this is happening.  I flew for the first time in November and was terrified. Once I got in the air ,above the clouds I felt peace. Flying to Florida compared to flying to Africa is huge ,so I would appreciate your prayers in this way for me and of course in many other ways. I look forward to sharing this journey with you!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Jen,
    My vote would be Butter and Garlic....anything with Garlic get my vote, lol!!
    Anything I can do let me know. I'm working on PC basket and will call you next week about getting it to you.

    ReplyDelete